Sleep is important for Good Health. Not getting enough sleep or getting poor quality sleep on a regular basis increases risk of high blood pressure, heart disease and other medical conditions .
People that have less sleep are more likely they are to be overweight or obese, develop diabetes, and prefer eating foods high in calories carbohydrates.
Few tips to help you sleep:
- Stick to a sleep schedule – Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day
- Avoid caffeine and nicotine
- Avoid large meals and beverages late at night
- Don’t perform high intensity exercise too late in the day
- Relax before bed – example, take a hot bath
Just like eating and being physically active, getting a good nights sleep is vital to your health and wellbeing!!