It cant always be easy to get back into your normal routine once holidays are over so here are some tips to help you get the kids back into their daily routine and get you back into health & fitness regime .
- Start with bedtime. We all know our kids don’t function well if they’re not getting enough sleep. We all know our kids don’t function well if they’re not getting enough sleep. With extracurricular activities restarting after the holiday break, your bedtime routines may be getting pushed back a bit. Take control of that now and enforce a strict bedtime.
- Figure Out the Best Wake-Up Time. With enough sleep under their belts, your kids will be able to wake up with plenty of time to get everything done in the mornings. Add up all their morning tasks, estimate how much time they each take, and then add an extra five-minute cushion. Now, using that time, count backwards from the time they need to be walking out the door. That’s the time they should be waking up each day.
- Analyse Your Afternoons. … Do the same thing for your afternoons. Schedule in homework, practices, and chores, always allowing for wiggle room and downtime. Set a clear order of tasks, so your children always know what they should be doing at any given time.
- Give Them the Responsibility. Responsibility varies depending on many factors, including age and maturity level, but routines are a perfect place to give your kids a taste of real-world responsibility while still under your guidance. Most kids won’t fight you on this; in fact, they’ll likely welcome the chance to do something independently. Determine how much your child can responsibly handle on her own and turn it over to her. Set clear expectations, and make it easier by giving her a chart, checklist
- Stay Close by, but Don’t Hover. Make yourself available to help, and periodically check on your child. But don’t be obvious about it. Give your kids the chance to manage their routines to the best of their abilities.
- Keep Trying. Something always comes up to throw the schedule out of whack. Roll with it, and jump back into your routine as soon as you can.
Last of all… BOOK FUN THINGS IN TO AVOID THE HOLIDAY BLUES. Decide on something that the family would look forward to and make plans for it. Head to their favourite adventure park or just to your local park, catch up with friends for play days that will allow you to catch up with your friends over coffee.
Don’t forget about yourself as parent’s book in some self-care time do something that you enjoy doing having some me time, allocating a couple of magazine hours for yourself or go treat yourself to a manicure or a drink with a friend be sure to have some fun things to welcome you home.
So; you have your family routine sorted now how do you get back into that health & fitness routine;
Just start with something easy.…… If you are really struggling to get back into exercising and feeling totally overwhelmed by it all, sometimes it can be useful to just start with something easy. If going to do a big weights session at the gym is too much, then get outside and go for a brisk walk or a light jog, just to get moving. Commit to five minutes.…… If a long workout feels like too much, then just commit to working out for five minutes. A commitment of five minutes is a lot less daunting than a full workout. Once you are up and moving, you will more than likely keep going. Remember how good it makes you feel.…. Sometimes we focus too much on the effort of it, rather than the outcome. The thing with a workout is while it can be hard in the moment, you will always feel absolutely amazing afterwards. So, if you need something to help you refocus and motivate you, just remember that post-workout high. Aside from some sore muscles, you will never regret a workout. Schedule it in your diary.……… If you are looking for an excuse to not workout, then you will find an opportunity for a distraction to deter you. That’s why it’s important to clear your schedule and make time specifically for your daily exercise. Make sure it’s scheduled for a time that you won’t get easily distracted. If you know that you get caught up with the kids or work in the evenings, then schedule your workout in the mornings or when the kids are at school or club.. If you know it’s going to be a crazy busy day, then just commit to a quick fifteen-minute HIIT session, as doing something is always better than doing nothing. Prepare your gym bag.…
Prepare your gym bag the night before and put it at the front door or in the car so you can’t go without it. If you go to the gym after first thing, place your gym clothes out so you just put them on once you get up. This will act as a good reminder of what you have committed to and you will be less likely to back out. Take a one month challenge.….
If you want to start making exercise a habit again, then try taking on a short one-month challenge to kick-start your routine. Lots of gyms, yoga studios and boot camps offer one-month challenges. Then once the challenge is finished, you will feel great and be back into good exercise habit. Get an exercise buddy.…
It’s very easy to pull out of your workout if it’s just yourself you have to answer to. Having a friend, work colleague or family member to workout with is a great way to boost motivation, hold each other accountable and stick to your workout routine. It also adds a social aspect, which brings a little more fun back into working out. Don’t just think gym.…
Being fit and healthy isn’t just about going to the gym every day. Find ways to mix up your workouts and incorporate other exercises that you enjoy into your routine. Picking up social sports or simply walking the dog are all great ways to stay fit and healthy. Do it for yourself, not anyone else…..
I always say, “Don’t work-out for anyone else but you.” Being fit and healthy should be about making yourself feel great, having confidence and aiming to be your best. Remember to do this for you, not for anyone else or for how they think you should look. Each time you exercise, know that you have done something good for yourself and celebrate that.
Hopefully by putting these routine tips into action you will be back into your fitness regime in now time and your household wont seem as crazy!!